February 8, 2012

Clam Shells

Giant clam shells can be used in many different ways. They can be found in the bathroom in the shape of a sink, or as a decorative bowl filled with sponges, little soaps. They can also be used as decorative accents throughout the house on a side table, filled with shells, moss, etc, or even placed in a fireplace. Here are some inspirational photos featuring giant clam shells. I have one in the guest bathroom filled with mini toiletries I have "collected" from my hotel stays. I would love a large one to plant orchids in for my breakfast table.

Giant clam shell sink goes great with the coral wallpaper from Grace Happens

Giant clamshell by the bathtub filled with sponges from Barry Dixon

Another great clam shell sink in this shell inspired bathroom with capiz shell tiled walls and shell mirror from This is Glamorous

Giant clam shell in glass enclosed shower from Providence Ltd Design

Empty giant clam shell on center table from Benecki Homes

Clam shell filled with mosses and greenery from houzz

Clam shell filled with air plants on this nature inspired bookcase

Another clam shell filled with air plants on side table


Clam shell on this sofa table Haus Design

Giant clam shell pops against the dark background of the fireplace at Ali Wentworth's home from Elle Decor

Giant clamshell filled with various mosses from Haus Design

Simple clam shell as decorative accent from Betsy Brown Interiors

Clam shell filled with small starfish from SMW Design

Closed clam shell on demilune from Completely Coastal



Clam shell potted with orchids is a great dining room centerpiece from Tobi Fairley

Get your own!



4 comments :

  1. I love the clam shell between the blue and white lamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, those big ones scare me ever since watching that giant clam Sea Hunt episode with I was little. I'm a scallop kind of guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! I love this idea! You can practically use it anywhere. Have a gorgeous weekend, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template by DESIGNER BLOGS